The Consequences of Following a Lot of Philosophy Blogs
I follow an inordinate amount of academic philosophy blogs to try and learn more about philosophy, specifically continental philosophy, with which I am fascinated. The results are as follows, mildly to moderately exagerrated:
- My WordPress feed is dominated by these philosophy blogs.
- A good majority of the posts I don’t read. Often because they’re links and “
I can read that laterI’m never going to look at this again, am I?”
- About half I do read I don’t understand.
- Feelings of ineptitude swell because of lack of effort and understanding.
- When I do understand, it’s usually because the author actually isn’t writing about philosophy.